We have reached the point in the semester where I am starting to give less of a crap about passing my classes, which is quite dangerous with my Spanish class. When this starts to creep in, I have learned that I must snuff it out quickly before it destroys any chance of me being productive. One way of doing this has been writing. However, I have no creative energy to spare. So I started going through my old blog posts. I found an entry from 2015 where I talked about a faculty advisor who would always ask us, “What else is good?” So, in the spirit of my other “Revisits,” I decided to look back on my list from 2015 and make a new list for 2019 to compare what was good then and what is good now. The items in italics are from 2015, and the items in bold are from this year.
- I haven’t gotten lost yet in my math class.
- While I am frustrated in my Spanish class, I have a solid 75% as my overall grade right now and that makes me super happy.
- While my meteorology class is super boring, I have over 100% in the class because my teacher gives so much extra credit.
- I love my Directing 1 class. It’s such a solid group of students who are going to put on a fantastic showcase in December.
- I am growing as an artist in my Drawing class this semester.
- I have lined up two projection design jobs outside of school.
- Cinderella opens next week and this show is gonna be awesome!
- Right now, I am stage managing for five short plays and today our technical director said I was doing a good job.
- I made the Improv team again! This summer, I get to travel to San Diego with nine other super awesome, talented funny CYT students to compete in a comedy competition called Improvaton.
- I have dates set to visit Lubbock, Texas to check out the grad school I will hopefully be attending in Fall 2021.
- My car works in the snow, thank the Lord.
- My dear, temperamental car is still running.
- Walking Dead starts again on Sunday.
- Sweet Ben and I have started season 4 of Yugi-Oh!
- I got four new piano students!
- Over the course of five years, I had the opportunity to teach 25 kids music. Right now, I currently only teach my professor’s daughter on a weekly basis, but it is still so rewarding to be able to pass along musical knowledge.
- My Mac doesn’t restart every ten minutes anymore.
- I have figured out how to make my iPad keep a charge.
- Art Club at school is going great! It’s been so much fun so far, and I can’t wait to see what this awesome group of people do this spring.
- Our pledge class for Alpha Psi Omega this year is so stinking big and it’s awesome.
- One of my paintings sold at the Juice shop that I sell art at this week.
- In a few weeks I get to go back and work at Songbird.
- While I love doing shows, after next week, I’m going to have a month and a half off from rehearsals. I’ll be able to catch up on school stuff and get a handle on my big research project.
- Ha, what is a break? However, I love all the scripts I am working on right now and all the peers I get to create with.
- I have a free drink to go get at Starbucks tomorrow.
- I have kept a promise to myself and have not had Starbucks for 40 days. It sucks but I am proud of myself.
- I have a warm home, food in the fridge, running water, a toilet, wifi, and a wonderful family to come home to everyday.
- I love my suitemates, my dorm is cozy and fun to be in, and have a trusty coffee machine.
What else is good in your life? Don’t forget to take time to remember what positive things are going on. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have 26 Spanish verbs to go memorize.
Until Next Time,